1. Persuade visitors to link to your web site. Give
them a freebie in exchange for them linking to your
web site. It could be content, software, etc.
2. Link to web sites that provide useful information
or services for your visitors. If you have many useful
links on your site, they may make it their start page.
3. Spice-up your web site’s wording using plenty of
adjectives. It gives your visitors a clearer vision of
what your explaining or describing to them.
4. Don’t make your banner ads look like ads. Most
people ignore banner ads. Design them to look like
content and have them click to read the rest.
5. Join affiliate programs that go with the theme of
your web site. You’ll just be wasting valuable space
and time if your visitors aren’t interested in them.
6. Market your web site as a free club instead of
a web site. This’ll increase your repeat visitors and
sales because people enjoy belonging to groups.
7. Interact with your online customers on a regular
basis. This’ll show them you care about them. You
could use a chat room, forum or message system.
8. Check your web site links regularly. After people
click on one link, and it doesn’t work, they usually
won’t risk wasting their time clicking on another one.
9. Give visitors a positive experience when they’re
at your web site. Provide them with original content
and free stuff. They’ll tell all of their friends about it.
10. Share customers with other businesses that have
the same target audience. Offer their product to your
customers if, in exchange they do the same for you.